Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Revisiting An Irresponsible Prediction

On December 3rd, 2007, I, e, of We Could Be Famous made a bold prediction:

Barack Obama will choose Chuck Hagel as his running mate (weird, right?) and defeat Republicans Mike Huckabee and John McCain in a not-so-close raise.

Two things:

First, I'll readily admit that I thought pundits were underestimating disaffected insurgent Christian voters in the GOP base and I thought Huckabee had a better shot at the nomination than people were giving him. But, I also thought McCain was going to make a strong comeback via New Hampshire. So though I put Huckabee's name first, I didn't actually put who would be the Presidential nominee. Thus, because we haven't really specified what the definition of is is, you'll still have to admit that I'm the greatest political pundit of all time if those two men grace the same ticket.

Second, Chuck Hagel can neither confirm nor deny that he has already decided to be Barack Obama's running mate. I still think that this would be an interesting pick for Senator Obama but I have to admit that I think there a number of guys and gals that would make great running mates. In no particular order they are Wes Clark, Jon Edwards, Evan Bayh, Tim Kaine, Lee Hamilton, and Kathleen Sebelius.

Anyways, just an excuse to include that link about Hagel maybe kinda joining the ticket as Obama's VP. . . I'll be responding to love letters from my fans for the rest of the day.

5 comments:

E.J. said...

Until I clicked on the link to the story, for some reason I was thinking you were talking about Rep. Charlie Rangel from NY, which then had me thinking: Did I miss something? Why are people suddenly thinking that America would let TWO black guys run the country?

E said...

Impossible - unless Chris Rock and Bernie Mac run.

Karen said...

Or Chris Rock and Wanda Sykes

Here is what Wanda says about the Country.

"We are M.C. Hammer broke"

Anonymous said...

I still think Hagel is a long shot. Don

E said...

No kidding, that's what made it a bold prediction.