Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trash Delivery Day

I'll be heading over to City Hall at 1PM tomorrow to deliver the unprecedented and amazing petition calling for the dismissal of Sanitation Director Veronica White.

This will hopefully coincide nicely with the scheduled delivery of the Mayor's sham audit.

I'll be delivering a copy of the petition to each member of City Council and to the Office of the Mayor.

I spent all day at the Kinkos so these better be read thoroughly.

I'd suggest recycling the paper afterward, but, um, we don't have recycling services in New Orleans.

I was hoping to arrive in a gold plated garbage truck. In a perfect world I'd dump thousands of copies of the petition out of the back of the truck and just stay double parked on Perdido for the whole day.Unfortunately those kind of theatrics will have to wait for Mardi Gras season.

Instead, it'll just be me and a stack of paper.

Feel free to meet me there, I'll need moral support.

Thanks to all that signed and to all that spread word.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Are you sending out a press release?

I think cameras should be there when you try to get into Ray Ray's office and are turned away.