Thursday, July 10, 2008

Preparing My Headshots

I'm definitely into the new Simon project Treme. It's a fun thing to be excited about. I was all for it back in September when I was writing scathing reviews of K-Ville, which SUCKED.

Everything D. Simon has had a hand in has been excellent.

As a kid, I watched Homicide: Life on the Streets with my dad every week.

The Corner was the best thing I'd ever seen on television. And the book on which it was based, which I still own, was a MAJOR influence on my decision to abandon my dreams of being the GM of the Philadelphia Phillies to major in sociology and dedicate myself to the urban community.

2 comments:

alli said...

Can I borrow your copy? Actually, can we meet in real life and be friends? We have a ton in common. Yeah, consider this a proposition. I'm ok with it.

E said...

Of course! Email me at eli dot ackerman at gmail dot com