Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HANO Scolded in Court, Sort of

HANO has been shafting former St. Thomas families and finally turned over a list of former project residents after refusing for weeks and weeks.

The Judge said played up that HANO was doing this unintentionally and as a result of a bureaucratic logjam.

"So, go and sin no more," Beer said from the bench. "I'm bound and determined to break through this smokescreen that I know isn't intentional. I want there to be a cooperative effort. I want us to have a sense of urgency. Some of these people will never have the opportunity to use these facilities."

I am bound and determined to break through this smokescreen that I know isn't intentional
.

I just think this is funny for some reason. I read it and it seems like he is insinuating very clearly that it may in fact be...

....intentional.

Er, institutional. What were we talking about?

I've covered HANO often, click the tag.

1 comment:

Pistolette said...

Ha! what a weird sentence.

But seriously...

"The hearing was yet another legal skirmish between HANO and housing advocates, who hauled the agency into court after a month-long wait for the correct addresses of former St. Thomas families who were promised preferential treatment for River Garden homes built on a site that once held barracks-style brick buildings."

I wonder where liberal society took a wrong turn when private citizens can now claim what amounts to squatters rights to publically owned housing. *shakes head*