Monday, August 24, 2009

What a weekend

As bizarre it felt to me to be going to two conferences in two consecutive weekends, Rising Tide IV hardly feels like a conference. The schmoozing is anything but business-like.

A full tip of the hat and bow to all of the RT organizers who sacrificed their time and labor to pull this thing off.

I thought Harry Shearer delivered a great keynote and I hope he energized some of my favorite bloggers to start writing more regularly again. All hands on deck!

Good panels, good food, good people, good times.

It was great to see everyone in person again.

Also a hearty congratulations is due to our good friend the American Zombie, winner of this year's Ashley award for MVB (most valuable blogger).

Did anyone get photos of Bob Ellis and Daya Naef with their goon squad? What exactly did they expect to do? Shake down our blogger of the year in front of a room of 200 or more close friends?

It comes across as desperate, don't it?

--

I think we need to have another big event (Rising Tide 4 and a half?) before the citywide elections next February.

2 comments:

Editilla said...

That was a fine Rising Tide, my congratulations to you all.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..