Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cooler Heads Prevail

Fielkow makes the smart decision by choosing to back off the contract veto override vote. Council needs to find ways to compromise and it's not worth it to wedge coalitions on a purely symbolic vote when there is substantive progress to be made on other things, even on the issue of transparency in terms of a possible charter change amendment.

---

I noticed this bit within that article:

Carter said last week that he had received "hate e-mails" because of his failure to vote. He said he missed the vote because of a personal commitment.


For the record, here is the hateful email I sent to Councilman Carter, which was not returned:

Hello Councilman Carter,

My name is Eli Ackerman, I maintain the blog We Could Be Famous. I'm hearing from a lot of readers who are upset that you left today's rancorous Council mtg prematurely. (Especially since Councilwoman Hedge-Morrell stayed to engage in a discourse) Would you please explain why you decided to leave the meeting?

Thanks,

Eli

But then again, he's never returned any of my emails.

No comments: