Anon calls out liberal whites in the comments section of this post:
So what will local "anti-racist whites" do? Should we be satisfied with leaving this issue to an outside, African American group, Color of Change? Did we leave Ray Nagin, Bill Jefferson, and Veronica White to some outside group? Will blacks have a point if they say that whites are quick to protest black officials but we wont take the lead in dealing with white racism in our own community?
Damn. In our face.
What do you think about that? What should we do and how should we do it?
In related news, I should point out that Rep. Conyers of Michigan is outraged about the revelations from Mr. Thompson's article. As Chair of the Judiciary Committee, he is actually positioned to do something about it, he can initiate a wide-ranging investigation. I've always liked John Conyers, don't know if I've ever mentioned that.
Meanwhile, Color of Change is pushing forward with requests to Buddy Caldwell and Bobby Jindal.
