Tuesday, November 04, 2008

HAVE YOU VOTED YET?

I have. It felt great. I voted for Barack Obama.


There was a tiny tiny line, I waited ten minutes.


On the national level, I've been checking on the twitter vote report for a snapshot.



TNR has a good rundown of some of the problem areas from around the country. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Mostly I'll be biting my nails.


How was your vote in Louisiana today? How long did you wait?

Here's a dissatisfied customer from Jefferson Parish:

Unfortunately, I witnessed a voter denied the right to vote in Jefferson
Parish, Louisiana this morning. I explained the proper procedure to the
poll worker who refused to abide by easily understood state law
regarding provisional ballots.

I then reported this to Jefferson Parish election officials who verbally
instructed the poll worker on proper procedure. Unfortunately, by this
time the voter had left the polling location, precinct 31 in Jefferson
Parish.

This is a failure of the Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court, Jon
Gegenheimer, to properly execute his job. I plan to formally demand:

1. The removal of the poll workers of precinct 31 for any future
elections
2. A written procedure from Jon Gegenheimer on the proper training and
assessment of all Jefferson Parish poll workers.

Regards,

David Gereighty
(snip)
2nd Vice Chair Jefferson Parish Democratic Executive Committee
Treasurer, Louisiana Democratic State Central Committee



Anybody else voting in Jefferson Parish today? What does it look like?