Last night was an A+.
What a show!
I wonder if casual listeners really get the political statements hidden not-so-subtly in M.I.A's work. Like when someone hears this . . .
. . . and gets bent out of shape because it's "violent."
Anyways, I danced till dawn and a good time was had by all.
-
Some people were having a really really good time.
Frenchman Street last night was a sight to behold.
I know how it goes in this town but this looked more like Burning Man or Bonnaroo.
The police decided not to have any kind of presence and it was strikingly clear.
I won't get specific but you could have purchased any drug you could ever want - and consume it openly in the middle of the street.
-
I don't bring this up to question why Frenchman Street was allowed to become a free zone. It doesn't outrage me. Again, a good time was had by all. (I do think whippets are stupid though)
It's just that...
I remember having read this in the paper the day before.
-
Outraged?
Yes, by the double standard.
