My Fightin' Phils are playing right now.
I dropped $120 I don't have so that I can watch them live all year long on the internets.
When I was a boy, my mom let me cut school on every opening day so that I could stay home and watch the first game of the season.
She also let me cut school to go to each home opener.
I'd get all decked out in my gear, go to Wawa for a hoagie and walk up South Street to Broad to catch the subway down to the Vet.
Now I'm a big kid and we don't play at the Vet no more.
I take the subway to the Bank. And my neighborhood Wawa closed down. Tony Luke's got a better hoagie anyway, even if it costs a little more and there's no free MAC machine. I go with the veal and broccoli rabe. If I'm hungry after the game, I might go to Pat's for a provy wit.
Sorry if my New Orleans friends don't understand what any of that means.
I love the Phillies more than anything else on the planet. I have punched walls in anger because of them and I have cried tears of joy because of them.
I am so happy right now. I got Harry Kalas doing play-by-play and my boys have an early 1-0 lead thanks to a Chase Utely sac fly that brought home reigning MVP Jimmy Rollins. Starter Brett Myers pegged that asshole Paul Lo Duca right in his shoulder.
I know more about baseball than I do about politics. I wish I could just blog about them.
But I can't.
