On WBOK this morning, there was a surprise appearance by City tech chief M. Harrison Boyd and Communications chief Ceeon Quiett. They were there to field softballs from the morning team about how Louisiana Technology Council is an incompetent organization with some yet undefined political agenda.
I do have to say, however, that I can't quite wrap my mind around what Mr. Boyd's interests in all this lie. He doesn't, to my knowledge, have any deep roots here. I don't really understand - if in fact there's all kinds of nefarious activity going on in the tech office at City Hall - why Boyd, hired relatively late in the game, would have anything to do with it. So I'm just not sure how something like this would really play. There'd have to be some explanation for why Boyd would stick his neck out like that.
The best part of the interview though was when Gerod decided to 'get tough' on Boyd about an apparent attempt to intimidate LTC's Mark Lewis by sealing his home shut.
"If you jammin' locks - you gangsta, dawg."
I was putting my socks on while seated on the floor when he said that and I just started laughing hysterically. I had to give up. I'm wearing flip-flops today.
Listening to some of the questions posted by the host, ABC's Michael Hill, and a couple of callers, I think it's clear that public opinion on the whole matter is very much influenced by a perceived double-standard when it comes to the Mayor's emails and City Council's emails.
That perception might not be fair but I think that the delays in releasing all of Council's emails make for avoidably bad optics. Just redact what needs to be redacted and get 'em all out.