Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Who else we got?

I have pretty much lost all confidence in Rep. Charlie Melancon as a legislator and candidate for Senate. His electoral strategy against seems to be do everything the same as David Vitter but don't get caught sleeping with prostitutes. That is more than a cowardly political strategy, it's also one that has resulted in votes counter to the interests of average Louisianians.

So who else do we have?

Does anyone out there have the cojones to fight David Vitter instead of emulate him?

Here are the names of some Louisiana politicians, some of whom I don't know very much about. I'm just throwing darts here. I'll need you to fill in the blanks in the comment section below.

State Senator Eric Lafleur
Former Congressman Don Cazayoux
Speaker Pro Tem Karen Carter Peterson
Baton Rouge Mayor Kip Holden
Former Governor Kathleen Blanco
Republican Congressman Joseph Cao

I'd love for any of these characters to enter the race as a Democrat or Independent.

I want real choices.

Btw, here is the wikipedia entry on Eric LaFleur. I don't know enough about his political positions to really have an opinion on whether or not he'd be the best choice but he voted Yes on HB 780 when it was before the Senate Education Committee this last session and really seemed to 'get it.' Anyway, he sounds like a badass:

LaFleur speaks French, plays saxophone in the band Déjà Vu, and is currently training for his private pilot license.


Plus he has a son named Atticus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some very nice LaFleur's around. They are a well-known, solid family. That's all I know.

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter about Cazayoux.

Ryan said...

Cazayoux is being nominated for the USA in the Middle District. Or at least that was what was announced during the spring/summer.

Dambala said...

Cazayoux is the man...he's got my unbridled support. But I'm not sure he's got as much momentum as Melancon at this point in the game.

Whatever Don runs for...I would vote for him.