Friday, March 27, 2009

TGIF

Quite glad it's the weekend, though I'm probably going to be using some of it to tie up some loose ends around some posts I've held on the back burner for awhile.

Yesterday was my 24th b-day so a big capitalized Thank You to all of those who wished me well via email, text message, twitter, facebook, phone call, the US postal service, carrier pigeon, candygram, telepathy, or actually in-person.

A couple of friends even bought me the hottest recession item out there:



I was given no choice but to where my new blue snuggie out at the bar, and yes, I did attach the clip-on reading lamp, which was included as a special bonus.

I looked like Mickey Mouse from Fantasia minus the wizard's hat and the multiplying brooms. And man did that thing smell like an ash tray this morning.

This must have counted as the first ever New Orleans Snuggie pub crawl, a phenomenon sweeping through other cities around the nation.

This obviously means that the Snuggie is already played out, even as an ironic joke.

I think the solution is to combine it with the Sham-Wow to create the ultimate warmth providing spill absorber, the Snug-Wow.

UPDATE: Still now word from Hollywood on my pitch to do the sequel to Snakes on a Plane, which I've given the working title Sharks on a Plane.

3 comments:

Leigh C. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I think your next assignment ought to be to wear it to a Phillies game. What a hoot!

Plus, according to Christopher Walken's tweets, he got one, too, and described himself as looking like "a degenerate Gumby" in it.

Leigh C. said...

Whoops, that's "derelict Gumby":

http://twitter.com/cwalken/status/1355134089

It probably needs more cowbell.

Jeffrey said...

Happy bday, E. Where'd the Snuggie's crawl begin and end?

Not that it's quite as relevant as it would have been Wednesday, but BCC is having a board meeting re: hospital stuff tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted.