Monday, December 01, 2008

Airport Nightmare

Something told me this might happen. I've had too much airport success recently.

Philly is a madhouse right now. I've missed my flight to Atlanta and am now crossing my fingers to make it back to New Orleans by the end of the day today.

Now though I did arrive in enough time to make the flight and was bumped by a combination of an understaffed airline and extremely high traffic, I can't absolve myself completely.

I cut it awfully close. And I got burned.

I woke up at 4:30 AM to make this thing. You'd think that would be good enough in 2008.

So now I'm a stand-by underdog. Wish me luck.

I'll find a way to entertain myself, I just don't want to be stuck overnight in Atlanta.

Travel nightmares are not new to me. Perhaps later, if I have enough internet juice, I'll pass the time by recounting one of them from my past as a daring traveler of faraway lands.

--

Thankfully, I held back on scheduling anything related to the delivery of the successful petition to dismiss Veronica White. I had a feeling, I guess. Looks like I might have to sacrifice daydreams of a more theatrical appearance at City Hall in favor of something a little bit more understated.

These things happen.

3 comments:

Leigh C. said...

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something." - Steven Wright

Oh, hell, just come back safe.

Civitch said...

Depending on Veronica White's performance at the budget hearing (which should be imminent), you may be in an even better position to go public with your petition.

E said...

Yeah I think you might be right, Civitch. Keep an eye out for me.